1. Stand in front of her (with 1 to 1.5 meters between you). Hold all of your sacred objects in front of you so that she can feel their power.
2. Have a relaxed, easy-going smile. Do not let your terror show.
3. If she hasn’t already looked up at you, simply get her attention with a wave of your hand. Wave your hand in her direct line of vision so she can’t ignore it, and to tempt her into the chalk circle you drew on the floor while chanting in Latin.
4. When she looks at you, smile and point to her ghostly visage and say, “Nice ghostly visage” and rattle some rusty chains, so she fully understands.
If she doesn’t understand (most ghosts will), simply gesture that you want to talk to her by briefly pointing back and forth from you to her and saying, “I will never mistreat you the way Baron Dreadstone did all those centuries ago.”
5. Then, do what we call “Acknowledging the Awkwardness” by quickly mentioning something about the awkwardness of the moment, such as “wow you’re a ghost, this is awkward.”
This helps put her at ease and know that you are a cool guy who is really into floating through walls or decapitating unfaithful sea captains, who she can relax and open up to.